One of the largest infrastructure and sports projects of DCH is connected with preparing Kharkiv for hosting Euro-2012.
Oleksandr Yaroslavsky is the largest private investor who financed the preparation of Ukraine for Euro-2012. The overall volume of his investments in preparing his native city of Kharkiv for the tournament equaled about USD 300 mln. This money was allocated for:
- Restoring the Metalist Sporting Arena that hosted matches during Euro-2012 (about USD 30 mln)
- Restoring the existing buildings and building new amenities of Kharkiv International Airport passenger terminal from scratch (about USD 110 mln)
- Building a pioneering five-star hotel to host football players and the UEFA headquarters (about USD 130 mln)
- Building a training football facility to be used by the teams participating in Euro-2012 (over USD 25 mln)
- Creating the Metalist children’s football academy (over USD 10 mln)
- Restoring the Dynamo Stadium (USD 300 thousand)
Due to these investments, Kharkiv won the status of a Euro-2012 host city and later facilitated the matches successfully. Euro-2012 was a landmark event in the city’s history which revolutionized its appearance and stimulated business life in the region.